At the time of the Domesday Book of 1085, Kingston is not specifically mentioned as it was part of Barham. The entry is under the Lands of Bishop Odo of Bayeux and reads:
Fulbert holds Berham from the Bishop. It answers for 6 sulungs. Land for 32 ploughs. In lordship 3 ploughs. 52 villagers with 20 cottagers have 18 ploughs. A church, a mill at 20s 4d. 25 fisheries at 35s. less 4d; from cartage, that is, a service, 60s. Meadow 20 acres; from pasturage 150 pigs.
The Bishop gave Herbert son of Ivo an outlier of this manor which is called Huham (Hougham, near Dover). He has 1 plough in lordship and 12 villagers with 9 ploughs, meadow 20 acres.
From the same manor the Bishop also gave 1 sulung to Osbern Paisforiere. 2 mills at 50s; in lordship 1 plough and 4 villagers with 1 plough.
Value of the whole of Berham before 1066 £40. When the Bishop acquired it, the same, however it paid him £100. Value of Berham by itself now £40, Huham £10, what Osbern has £6. Value of the land of Ranulf, a man-at-arms, 40s.
Archbishop Stigand held this manor, but it was not the Archbishoprics, but was of King Edward's household revenues.
Of significance, in view of the claims that Kingston church dates from the 11th century, is that there is no mention of a second church in the Barham Hundred.